The Fish Story

The College Chair!

The College Chair!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Black Clouds And Vultures

Black Clouds and Vultures
Hovering over me, waiting for me to take the first drink
And make their kill. Patient but hungry
They want it all, they want my soul
I usually recognize them, but they are very sly
Like Eve tempting Adam, that forbidden drink
Sometimes I feel that I live, just not to give into them
They creep in every area like weed growing on sidewalks
I keep cutting them down, but they sprout up again
The forces of the disease are too great for me
They know their business and use their weapons well
Fear, resentments, and all of that negative stuff
I feel naked, alone, and unprepared
All I have is a sword, the sword of God
Sometimes I get too lazy to use it that is when I am vulnerable
Today, I sharpen my sword

No comments:

Post a Comment